Monday, June 28, 2010

The adventure begins ... earlier than planned

Yes, I'm supposed to be in the air now. But, about 30 minutes before our departure time (at around 6:30 PM), we were told that there is a computer glitch on the aircraft and that a new part will have to arrive from Atlanta to fix it. Our scheduled departure is now 11:00 PM.

Interestingly, five minutes after this annonucement, they announced that they're going to shut down all power to the plane and then bring the power back online for the computer system to see if a complete system reboot fixes the computer. Don't tell me that the latest Boeing 767-400 runs on Windows Vista!

So, here I am in the Delta SkyClub adding to my blog and watching time go by real slow ...

UPDATE: It is now 11:40 PM and they still are not boarding the aircraft. The Board still shows expected departure at 11:45 PM. Let's see ...

UPDATE 2: It is now almost 1 AM and there is still no sign of departure. Hey, but they updated the Board to show a 1 AM departure instead of 11:45. If the flight had left on time, we would be a bit over an hour from landing at Heathrow. Hope they don't cancel the flight.

UPDATE 3: It is now 3:30 AM. They told us at about 1:30 PM that the flight was canceled. Finally just got checked in to the Holiday Inn and came to my room. The rescheduled flight is at 6:15 PM. More tomorrow after some rest ...

3 comments:

  1. Delta SkyClub? I suppose that you are traveling Business Class, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No such luck, Al. In fact, my SkyMiles Gold Medallion status couldn't even get me out of a middle seat into an aisle or window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rajiv...all the best! I am your first follower, yay!

    ReplyDelete